Showing 1 to 11 of 11 (1 Pages)
Joint Pain and Homoeopathy
What is a joint?
Joints are those points in our bodies where bones make contact with each other, thus connecting the skeletal system.
Types of joints:
- Fibrous- Usually immovable joints.
- Cartilaginous-present where a cartilage is present between the two bones.
- Synovial- these joints have cavities in them which are filled with synovial fluid, thus providing free movements to our limbs.
Causes of Joint pain
- Injuries- most common cause of joint pain, it can be due to fractures, stress or strain.
- Heavy physical ecersise can also cure joint pain.
- Infections like that of dengue or chikungunya can cause pain in joints. Similarly, hepatitis C infection can leat to complications which causes joint pain.
- Some autoimmune diseases like Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis, etc. show their first symptoms as joint pain.
- Gout- inflammation of joints due to deposition of uric acid crystals in different locations, usually affected site is the big toe.
- Bursitis- inflammation of crushioning pads around the joints.
- Tendinitis- Inflammation of some tendon.
Male vs Female Predominance of Joint Pain
It has been shown in studies that felame suffer more with joints pain than males. It has been seen that approximately sixty percent females suffer from joint pains.
The main reason behind this is linked to hormone oestrogen which is responsible for protection of cartilage. Since females have decreased estrogen levels during menstrual cycle every month as well as during menopause, therefore resulting in lesser cushioning of joints by cartilage, thus resulting in more pain.
Some Researches have shown that-
- Out of all the Osteoarthritis patients, 60 percent are females in America.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis occurs approximately three times more in women than men.
- Women are nine times more likely to suffer from Lupus.
- Women are three times more likely to have scleroderma.
- Women suffer from Multiple Sclerosis two more than men.
Symptoms present along with Joint Pain
- Limited joint movement
- Weakness in joints
- Joint deformities etc.
Management and Treatment of Joint Pain
- Try to maintain a regular fitness regime, make sure you remain physically active
- Rest as much as possible.
- Hot and cold fomentation might help.
- Avoid excess of red meat and organ meat intake.
- Avoid sugary beverages and excess of alcohol.
- see a doctor if joint pain is limiting your daily routine.
- Physiotherapy is helpful in some cases.
- Homoeopathic treatment.
Homoeopathy and Joint Pain
Treating joint pain is not always as easy as treating the other diseases, only massaging the joint or taking the medicine won't help, following a proper lifestyle along with yoga and good eating habits is very important.
Homoeopathy has a lot of medicines which can help you manage your joints oains; I am mentioning some important homoeopathic medicine here:
- Abrotanum- usefull in Chronic Arthritis as well as in gouty depositions.
- Actea Spicata-very useful in small joint affections associated with pain and stiffness. Also indicated in case of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Apis Mellifica-indicated in case of acute arthritis associated with much inflammation redness, oedema od affected parts.
- Arnica Montana- for unberable joint pain at night, red and inflamed joints, patients have a constant fear of being touched.
- Benzoic Acid- tearing pain in joints, old modes that become painfull, indicated in Chronic Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Bryonia Alba- swollen joints where pain becomes aggravated by moving and is better by rest.
- Chlochicum Autumnale- Gouty pains in various joints, shifting from one joints to another with burnning and rearing sensation.
- Guaiacum Offivinalis- for Arthritic Lancinations and contraction of limbs which is aggravated by slightest motion associated with heat on affected parts.
- Kali Bichromium- gouty depositions in knees, feet and soles.
- Rhododendron Ferrugineum- for arthritic nodes and weakness off limbs.
- Ruta Graveolens- for back pain and pain in coccyx and bones of feet, etc.
There are some over the counter medicines which are also avilable for your joint pains whose combinations may prove helpful to you.
All there combinations are curated keeping the health of your joints in view.
I am mentioning a few combinations here.
- SBL joint pain relief combinations
- Sbl Drop no.6 for joints pains arising due to osteoarthritis, rhenumatoid arthritis, overuse, ageing etc.
- Orthomuv Syrup for reducing pain and swelling.
- Orthomuv Painkiller Spray for strains and sprains.
- Orthomuv Massage oil for relaxing stirrness and relieving pain.
- BC 19 tablets for pain relief.
- WSI German combinations of Joint Pain relief medicines
- BC19 tablets for pain relief
- Topi MP Gel for relieving pain in bones and muscles.
- Dr.Reckeweg's joint pain relief medicine.
- R73 Drops for Inflammation and joint pain.
- BC19 tablets for muscular pains, cramps and cracking in joints.
- R30 ointment for red, painfil swollen joints.